Prenuptial agreements can be the make or break of you later in life. It is not a complicated process when you are dealing with a qualified attorney who have drafted these before. Speak to us today for further advice. Here are a few rules with regards to prenups that you might need to consider and see how important details are when it come to drafting one of the most important legal documents in your life.
Yes, it is that important as it will affect your life should you get divorced. Speak to a lawyer in Thailand before you get married and register your marriage in Thailand.
1. Ensure the person you are dealing with is an attorney;
2. Ensure that the prenuptial agreement is drafted in Thailand AND in English;
3. Ensure your fiancee gets to have an independant Thai attorney explain the contents to her;
4. Only 27 out of the 50 US States have adopted the US Uniform Premarital Agreement Act;
5. Ensure you have a proper notarized prenuptial agreement before you get married;
6. Ensure that you use a REAL lawyer in Thailand for this process!
These are very important steps with regards to prenuptials in Thailand. The prenuptial agreement is important and it is very important that is has been drafted correctly by a qualified US attorney in Thailand. Ensure that it has been drafted for your state or your country. Also ensure that you are able to speak and question your attorney at any time either via email, telephone or via a chat messenger online. Understand what it is that you are paying for and what to expect. Call us any time on our US or UK tollfree numbers or speak to us live on our internet messenger. Better yet if you are in Thailand drop in at any of our offices in all the major cities in Thailand. With offices in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hau Hin, Samui and Phuket – nobody offers you the options as we at Siam Legal do.
Speak to us today!